Monday, October 17, 2011

Spooky Fun

Are we all ready to get our spook on!

I am. Check out my piano. 


My spooky piano



Here's a few close ups. This is the holiday home for some of my art from Friday. Thanks again Meredith!

And more of my tissue paper pom poms.

The candle sticks and blue picture frames have been there always,
they just happened to match my spooky decorating perfectly.

I filled mason jars with plastic eyeballs and spiders then added a little water and food
coloring... mr. T says these are "creepy."

The black tree is something I had from last year.


The pumpkins are dollar store pumpkins that I spray painted white, ivory and almond,
then I rubbed some minwax on them, and hot glued a piece of a tree branch for the stem.

The creepy houses are from the dollar store too, they were Christmas houses and I spray
painted them shiny black. Another idea from my awesome neighbor Jami.


After Halloween I'll take off the spooky items and add in some Thanksgiving things.

In the back there you can see a pumpkin that I tried to cover in book pages. I've seen a lot of that in blogland recently, but I must be doing it wrong because I thought it was no fun, and it didn't turn out very well...
I'll stick to spray paint ;-)

Thanks!




5 comments:

Johnson said...

Looks great! I esp. love the spray painted black houses. Very clever!

Jane@Little House of Projects said...

Those black houses are great! I never would have thought of that!

Cheryl said...

SPOOKY! Love the house painting, too!

Jillian McKenzie said...

Great job! Everything looks fantastic! I showed your blog to some friends that we had over last night and they each asked me to forward it to their email. You received nothing but praises from my fellow "I'm not a crafty person" friends.

Sarah said...

Love it! I especially like the pom poms and the pumpkins! So great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...