Thursday, December 22, 2011

Recipe: Chocolate Mint Truffle

Or another good title could be:

"Wickedness Can Sometimes be Happiness"


Warning:

This recipe is wicked

Thats right, W.I.C.K.E.D

But it's a great recipe to take to your family Christmas party to impress all your in-laws.




It looks like fudge but it's not.
It is smooth and creamy and melt in your mouth goodness... 

Or wickedness if you have a tendency to eat more then 10 of them.

So, for me they are wicked.


Here is what you need. Three ingredients.


Here is what you do:

I scald the cream in the microwave for about 2 minutes in a microwave safe bowl.
Get a bowl big enough to mix the chocolate in too.

I melt the chocolate in my very fancy double boiler.
(A big pot on top of a little pot that has about an inch of boiling water in it).

Then you melt, mix and such.

Here are the written instructions on what to do:


Chocolate Mint Truffle
1 c. Whipping  cream scalded and set in fridge to cool.
(Scald means to heat the milk to just below boiling point when little
bubbles rise and a thin skin begins to form.)
I cook it about 2 minutes in the microwave.
4 milk chocolate symphony bars (a little more then 1lb.) melted in a double boiler
1/2 tsp mint oil
*Mix Together*
  • Refrigerate 15 minutes
  • Mix again 1 more minute beat well
  • Pour into a greased 8x8 inch pan
  • Chill in fridge until set
  • Cut into 1/2 inch squares.


I would actually like to experiment and dip them in melted
symphony bar again after they have cooled.
So they have a nice chocolate coating on the outside.
I'll let you know how it goes.

And this is a recipe card that you can drag to your desktop and print out.

So go ahead and fall of the wagon with me
and enjoy these for Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you use white chocolate

Rachael said...

I have never used white chocolate for this recipe, I think it's perfection as it is so I probably won't try it with white chocolate, but you can take the leap if you want to ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...