Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Look what I found

I was out thrifting the other day when
I stopped by my friend Lisa's consignment shop.

They had a.....

Wait for it....

Can you feel the suspense?



Vintage turquoise sink!

It needs a little cleaning up but it is fabulous.
It's cast iron, and probably weighs 50-60 pounds.
Once I clean it up it will be perfect.

As you may know we are in the process of finishing our basement.

We are putting a mini kitchen down there in anticipation
of lots of teenage boys hanging out in that space.

This little sink will be perfect.


Speaking of the basement, we are about half-way done with the drywall.


I only wish I had the upper body strength to maneuver sheetrock.
It would get done a lot faster.

Believe me, I've tried to hang drywall by myself... not good.

It's better to leave it to my man and his fantastic biceps.




7 comments:

MuseBootsi said...

What a find! I'm filled with a jealous rage right now...whew! It passed...

Your basement is going to be delicious! We have similar (future) plans for a basement boys room/ hangout. I can't wait to see yours and steal your ideas!

Peggy said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting! Was it very expensive? I had to ask. Ha ha! I look forward to seeing the sink in place.

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...

Peggy, it was $37 bucks, not too shabby.

Unknown said...

That is pretty awesome!
XO Cindy

Alicia @ Sweet Ava Kate said...

I love the sink! How exciting and what a great price too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. I'm following you now... so I can keep up with your basement progress! :) Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...